Designed by the famous architect Giuseppe Poggi, the Villa was built in conjunction with the establishment of Florence as the Capital of Italy (1865).
The owners of the Villa were the Barons Franchetti, in particular the musician Alberto, who chose it as his favorite as an inspiration for his music. The Villa became a place for important parties, dances and banquets, as well as cultural and artistic meetings attended by personalities such as Giacomo Puccini, Pietro Mascagni and Eleonora Duse.
During the Second World War the Villa was the seat of the German command, of evacuees and then of various tenants. Abandoned in the 1960s and reduced to deplorable conditions, it was bought by Dr. Gustavo Nardi who patiently and with passionate dedication rebuilt and restored the property, with his wife and his children, under the watchful eye of the Fine Arts of Florence.
1818 N Vermont Ave
Los Angeles, CA, United States
(555) 774 433
A city that has kept its charm and the splendor of the past unchanged.
This is how Florence, the capital of Tuscany, presents itself.
An enchanting city that never ceases to surprise, with its masterpieces of art, the colored marbles of the churches and the architecture that evoke its splendor and the strategic role it played in the development of Renaissance art and culture.
Florence is home to some of the most famous museums in the world:
– the “Uffizi”, where paintings considered milestones in the history of art such as La Venere and La Primavera by Botticelli are exhibited
– the “Galleria dell’Accademia”, with its collection of Renaissance sculptures including the prisons and the mighty David by Michelangelo.